South West, Pepper Fried Potatoes
This is a simple dish that permits the flavor of the potatoes to shine through. This is NOT one that I ever tinker with because it's so good in it's simplicity. It seems to go best with Baked Ham or Pork Chops.
It's also pretty spicy, but you can cool it down a bit, by serving with sour cream.
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 6 Medium Red Potatoes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt, divided
- 3 Teaspoons Black Pepper, divided
- 1 Tablespoon Butt Kickin' Blacken, Southwest Blend, divided
1. Place the butter and oil in a frying pan, turn to low to let it melt.
2. Slice the potatoes into 1/8" round slices, and add to the pan. Mix the potatoes up with the melted butter and oil.
3. Sprinkle the spices onto the potatoes, 1/4 Teaspoon of salt, 2 teaspoons of the black pepper, and 1 teaspoon of the blacken. Mix this up, then add the rest, and mix it up again.
4. Cover the pan, and cook for a total of about 15 - 20 minutes, stirring every 5 - 7 minutes. If you find them burning, without getting soft, turn the heat down a bit. If they're getting soft, with no browning, turn the heat up a little. The potatoes are done, when they're soft.
Feedback is GREAT!
I'd love to hear your thoughts on this recipe, or any other of my recipes you've either looked at or tried.
Just send me a note:
- Whether or not you like this recipe and why.
- How you'd like to see it different.
- Suggestions for new recipes I could post.
- Recipes you've made using Butt Kickin' Blacken.